Views
Helpful
Replies

LAN Management Solution Cat 4506

dhcchan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I got a Cisco LAN Management Solution bundle with CD One Fifth Edition ver 2.1, Campus Manager ver 3.2, Device Fault Manager ver 1.2, Device Fault Manager Incremental Device Support ver 1.2, Resource Manager Essentials ver 3.4 and Resource Manager Essentials Incremental Device Support ver 3.4. I got a problem that a Catalyst 4506 appear as a unknow device in Network Topology. I have already loaded CiscoView 5.x package for Catalyst 4000, but it still does work. There is still a questin mark on the topology view. May I know that is there any way to make the Cat 4500 become recognized in LAN Management Solutin.

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

You need to apply the latest Campus Manager 3.2 IDU to get support for this model from: http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cw2000-campus

CV device packages does not affect Campus Manager. they are only for CV

My Cat 4506 is unable to be added into RME 3.5. I tried to add it in manually and it gives me this error

"Check DB status (running/stopped) Check DB tables for missing or NULL key value columns"

Anyone knows how to resolve this problem?

this is a "snmp" bug found on 7200 series routers, and affected cat4506 switches. the current solution is the reload the switch and re-add device.