small LAN connected to Internet with 128 k leaseline, it 's running with six hub , a Windows 2000 Advance server with two NIC acting as default gateway for LAN's client and a 2511 router connect to my ISP and directly connected to LAN.The router running with a public IP address.
On Window 2k server 1 NIC use internal IP address ( 192.168.0.0 ) and 1 use public IP address ( assigned by ISP ), now I need to add 1 2950 Switch and 1 Netscreen-25 firewall to this network ( I have 5 public IP address ).
I planned re-organize network as follow :
- Plug 6 hub to switch
-plug Window 2k server with two NIC to switch
- plug trust port on Netscreen-25 firewall to switch
- plug router 2511 ( directly connect to ISP ) to untrust port of Netscreen-25 firewall
Please let me know :
- What I need for switch configuration side ?
- If you can, let me know what I need to configure for my netscreen-25 firewall
- Which IP address I need to assign for each device in this scenario ?
sorry for this dumb question but I'm never work with switch and Netscreen-25 before.
You may not need to configure anything on the switch.
For a setup like this, the factory settings are OK.
Two things that you might want to configure to make life easier:
- An IP adress on int vlan1 to manage the switch
- Spanning tree portfast on the ethernet ports, for preventing a 30s initial forwarding delay. As your users are connected through the hubs, this will not be required but I expect that some user will be switched over at any time.
But I don't undestand, when I plug Window2k server to the switch, it has two NIC, one use internal IP address for LAN, one use public IP address issued by ISP, are you sure I no need configure anything to make it work ?
Firewall and router also use public IP addresses, and in another case, if I want to implement NAT on router and/or firewall, what is best for choice ?
We are pleased to announce availability of Beta software for 16.6.3. 16.6.3 will be the second rebuild on the 16.6 release train targeted towards Catalyst 9500/9400/9300/3850/3650 switching platforms. We are looking for early feedback from custome...