Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

LCPERR error message after CatOS image Upgrade

After upgrading one of our 6509's from v6.3(10) to v7.5(1), I've noticed the following error message:

%SYS-3-SYS_LCPERR3:Module 6: Port 10 Error: stuck 1 times(1 due to Late Collisions; 0 due to No Transmissions):

I haven't seen this on another 6509 that underwent the same upgrade. I am wondering if this is something that has always been there and may just now be logging with the new image since it appears to relate to a possible duplex issue. The port is working fine otherwise. No info found on Cisco's site due, I'm sure, to the newness of this image.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: LCPERR error message after CatOS image Upgrade

From Error decoder

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Errordecoder/home.pl

%SYS-3-SYS_LCPERR3:Module [dec]: Coil [dec] Port [dec] stuck [dec] times([dec] due to lcol; [dec] due to notx)

This message indicates that the module has detected a problem with the port ASIC. The module has detected that a port is locked up. Module [dec] is the module reporting the error. Coil [dec] is the ASIC number reporting the error. Port [dec] is the ASIC port with the error. stuck [dec] is the error duration. The last two [dec] are the late collision and no data transmission counts. [dec] values start at 0.

Recommended Action: Check the port status for duplex mismatch, out-of-sync network interface cards on the workstations attached, error disable condition, late collisions, or any link level errors. If the message reoccurs, contact your technical support representative.

Views
Helpful
Replies