cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Legacy DDR vs. Dialer Profiles

bockri
Level 1
Level 1

Router A has two Bri-interfaces and uses Dialer interface. Router A dials up router B (isdn backup for leased line), which uses PRI/serial interface. Router B uses dialer maps. Does router A and B both have to use either dialer profiles or dialer maps?

The connection doesn't work properly. Thanks. Kristine

4 Replies 4

zahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you can use a mix of both in this scenario. The configs and "debug isdn q931", "debug ppp nego" and "debug ppp chap" will be helpful here.

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Either on anyside will work..Since you are using the dialer map on router B, just make sure that the ip address of router A and the name is corrtct. i.e Name which which router A will present during the PPP authentication should be exactly match with configured name in dialer map on B. (case sensetive)..If it is then, debug ppp negotiation and debug ppp authentication will help to troubleshoot mroe...Tejal

Thanks. There is one thing I forgot to say, router B act as Backup for severeal customers, and actually have both dialer maps and dialer interface, int Dialer 1 has dialer maps, and int Dialer 2 is configured to serve the one customer with dialer profiles. I can imaging this setup might lead to caos :)Maybe I should try to altering the whole config to dialer profiles on router B, and for the ten customers calling it? Kristine

zahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yup...dialer profiles on router B would be a clean way of doing it. So one dialer interface for one dialbackup site.