Views
Helpful
Replies

Licensing queries for LMS/RWAN

pfyip
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 2 questions regarding the license issues of LMS and RWAN.

I have installed the evaluation copy of the LMS 2.1. If I want to get the full license for LMS, do I need to uninstall the eval copy and then install the full license copy again?

Secondly, I have 2 servers, one for LMS, and the other for RWAN. LMS will be running CD1 5th edition and RWAN running 4th edition. My question is, can RWAN 1.1, especially the ACL 1.3 co-exist with the new CD1 5th edition? Will there be any implication?

Appreciate your inputs. Thanks.

2 Replies 2

andrea.meconi
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

for your first question I think you must backup your data, unistall and then install the full license copy of LMS.

For the second one, I remenber ACL Manager 1.3 is a plug-in for RME 3.3 and later. Look at http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/fam_prod/acl_mgr/aclm_1_x/1_3/ig/aclinst.htm#xtocid161861 for more info.

Bye.

Andrea.

minielsen
Level 2
Level 2

For your first question it's no. You don't have to deinstall. Just follow the migrations steps in the documentation.

The following page references applies for the documentation for 4th edition.

In order to upgrade from the 90 days evaluation copy to a licensed copy without expiration you can install the licensed version on top of the evaluation copy. This will save your configuration. Do make a backup just in case.

You need to follow the upgrade instructions carefully for each component in CW2000:

· CD One: Installing and Setting Up CD One on Windows 2000 and Windows NT, page 2-16.

· RME: Installing and Setting Up Resource Manager Essentials on Windows NT and Windows 2000, page 1-17.

· CM: Installing and Setting Up Campus Manager on Windows 2000 and Windows NT, page 2-5.

· RTM: Real-Time Monitor Installation Guide, page 1-3. (This is for RTM 1.2. For upgrading to 1.3 please look at the installation guide for version 1.3 on page 31).

For RTM you need to uninstall the evaluation copy first. An upgrade utility may be available (page 1-3).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: