Views
Helpful
Replies

Like show history

mamta.gohil
Level 1
Level 1

dear all,

Is it possible that anybody from remote site configuring my router and i can know what is he configuring? what commands he is trying

Regards!!

Mahesh

6 Replies 6

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mahesh,

Yes thats possible that someone can configure your router from remote side depending upon the policy on router as who anf from where is allowed to do so.

Also if you have AAA server implemented whatever commands a person is trying depending upon the configuration on router it will be displayed in your accounting server.

Regards,

Ankur

hi ankur thanks

ya we have implemented AAA. but what i am asking is does there any router command to see what is configuration taking place b'se see i have no hold on AAA as it is controlled from other region.

I become very curious when I see message configured from console by XXXX and i can't see what is configured

regards

Mahesh

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Mahesh,

You need to implement and configure AAA services. AAA provides Authentication, Authorization and Accounting.

Accounting is the one that provide the information you are looking for. You can implement and configure AAA services by pointing to a RADIUS or TACACS server. Either server will contain the log from all commands typed on each of the configured devices.

hi edison thanks

ya we have implemented AAA. but what i am asking is does there any router command to see what is configuration taking place b'se see i have no hold on AAA as it is controlled from other region.

I become very curious when I see message configured from console by XXXX and i can't see what is configured

regards

Mahesh

Mahesh,

I'm afraid there isn't such command. Sorry.

edison,

thanks anyway i asked just b'se i was curious

thanks again

regards

Mahesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: