cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

limit of dialers and ip routes for cisco 3640

jmagi
Level 1
Level 1

I have cisco 3640 and now am configured 230 ip routes with 150 dialers.

I like configure my networks same as the name of dialer is the ip of network, I start for ip group 1 to ip group 254. The firs 100 ip are reserved for ip routes directly to other router across the Ethernet and the ip 100 to ip 254 are reserved for dialers.

I arrive to ip 254 and I change group of Ethernet, but when I go to add dialer301 the router make an error.

My questions are:

What’s the limit of dialers for cisco 3640?

What’s the limit of ip route for cisco 3640?

Thanks in advance

Jordi Magi

4 Replies 4

vkapoor5
Level 5
Level 5

The help from the CLI 'interface dialer ?' will show you the max no. of dialer interfaces supported. For eg. it is 255 on a 2500 series router. You can check the same for a 3640. I don't think there is any limit on the number of static routes that can be configured, it only depends on the memory available on the device to hold the static and dynamic routes in the routing table.

jolmo
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Jordi

The maximum number of interfaces (physical, subinterface, or virtual) a 3600 can handle is 800.

Please, do a 'show idb' to see if you're reaching that limit.

For more information:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_tech_note09186a0080094322.shtml

HTH

Hi Jolmo

On last week I read this information, but the router 3600 with IOS 11.3 have 254 INTERFACE DIALER limit. This question is guarantied, I can’t make interface dialer255.

The other question is very important for me because if I can make 1000 IP ROUTE, buying a new router I can make 254 INTERFACE DIALER more.

I make new question, what router can support more than 254 Interface dialer?

Thanks for your support.

Jordi Magi

Hi Jordi

If I understand well, your router is running IOS 11.3. I think all platforms running previous IOS versions to 11.3T have a IDB limit of 300. Maybe this is the problem.

Before considering to buy a new router, I'd update IOS to a latest release and try your configuration.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: