cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Limiting / controling bandwith

plagarto
Level 1
Level 1

I've got an HDSL leased line for the Internet with 256k, and I want to assign 128k only for outbound and another 128k only for inbound. How can I do this with my Cisco 3660 Router.

5 Replies 5

millerv
Level 1
Level 1

take a look at traffic shaping. It would control outbound traffic only

avindia
Level 1
Level 1

For this u ahve to buy Packet Shaper which will be used to manage your Bandwidth.

This is very useful if u haev varius traffic has to send over same link.

mbjohnson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have worked with the Packeteer product for a long time, actually helped them install the very first ones for a few clients. It's a good product, but kind of expensive. There's another IOS feature that you can use to achieve the same results, it's called CAR (Commited Access Rate), here's a link for more info:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios111/cc111/car.htm#xtocid255421

Good luck!

kanwaljeet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

On the interface on which u have got this leased line terminated do the following:

router(config-if)#rate-limit input 128000 120000 120000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop

router(config-if)#rate-limit output 128000 120000 120000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop

I hope this will do the needful for you.

Thanks

kanwaljeet

Thanks, that solved our problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: