cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

line capacity

anatsira
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 512 KB line connected to 2 routeurs.With the command "show controller" on the serial interface , I note the routers receive a clockrate of 512KB. But I would like to know if there is means to know the effective maximum capacity ( flow ) on the line. I tested with 1000 pings of 18k each but the results are not satisfactory.

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

With the information that you provided it looks as if 512Kb is your limit. If you have an external CSU/DSU then you are receiving the clocking information from there. It looks as if the CSU is only set up to use 8 of the 24 total channels in a T1(If you are using a E1, 8 out of 30). If this is an active connection there are many applications you can use to monitor bandwidth usage. MRTG is a good one and it is free. Bandwidth monitoring will give you much more reliable data that ping response times.

Thank you for your answer. In fact, what I want is to find a means to send flow on this line in order to know from how much it is saturated.I want to see if the flow goes up until 512KB or not.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: