Helpful
Replies

link bandwidth and WRED on GSR

fly
Level 2
Level 2

hi ALL,

random-detect command as below

random-detect precedence 3 1498 packets 9690 packets 1.

i have a router ,customer request as below:

important business data :   ip precedence 4  bandwidth 30%

Wred request:if traffic reach to 80% bandwidth of link c , drop  traffic until 100% drop all

internet traffic:                    ip precedence 1  bandwisth  20%

Wred request:if taffic reach to 30% bandwidth of link, drop traffic until 100% drop all

how can i config wred on gsr to complete customer request, link bandwidth is 2.5G

how can i determine queue size of wred!

thank you!

Tom

1 Reply 1

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The    Author of this posting offers the information contained within this    posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that    there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any  purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and  should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind.  Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In    no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever  (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or  profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's  information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such  damage.

Posting

Unfamilar with GSR, but if its WRED works like other Cisco device WRED, WRED doesn't engage until you hit 100% link bandwidth, i.e. packets need to enqueue.  When it does, it would be extremely difficult to configure WRED drops on current percentage utilization.

To drop all traffic of certain types at certain bandwidth utilization could be accomplished with a policer, but these seems rather severe unless the link is congested.

If traffic was flowing on on one port and egress on another, you might "clock" the different traffic type usages with a policer and then use a single WRED to drop over rate traffic when egress is congested.