Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Link-flap faulty port

Hi,there

I have a Catalyst 2950 switch which was connected to a 3620 Cisco router.The router had hw problems and was repaired.After that,I tried to connect the repaired router to the 24th port of the switch,where it was.But the LED was off and I saw the port was in err-disable state because of link-flap.I've connected my router to the 22nd port of the switch and everything was fine.The 22nd and the 24th port have the same configuration now.I've entered the "no shut" command on int 24 but the state remained err-disabled.I've entered the err-disable recovery interval 30 but the output of sh errdisable detect recovery was ErrDisable Reason Timer Status

----------------- --------------

udld Disabled

bpduguard Disabled

security-violatio Disabled

channel-misconfig Disabled

vmps Disabled

pagp-flap Disabled

dtp-flap Disabled

link-flap Disabled

psecure-violation Disabled

gbic-invalid Disabled

dhcp-rate-limit Disabled

unicast-flood Disabled

loopback Disabled

Timer interval: 30 seconds

Interfaces that will be enabled at the next timeout:

switch#

Is there a hw problem with the port because of the faulty router in the past?Or is there another way to re-establish the state of my port so I can use it?Thank you for your time!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Link-flap faulty port

I would not think this is an hardware issue. To restore port, you need to do a shut first and then no shut. For automatic recovery, you need to configure "errdisable recovery cause all" or "errdisable recovery cause link-flap".

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Link-flap faulty port

I would not think this is an hardware issue. To restore port, you need to do a shut first and then no shut. For automatic recovery, you need to configure "errdisable recovery cause all" or "errdisable recovery cause link-flap".

Views
Helpful
Replies