Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

link flapping - eigrp - still happening

I have a customer who has recently implemented a new wan infrastructure (hub and spoke across mpls ISP) but when they do a large file copy between two of the spokes or between the spoke and the 'hub' site, one neighbor drops off.

I have since set a rate limit to 2 Mb on the relevant sub-interfaces and also specified the bandwidth within eigrp and set 90% to be used. However it is still dropping the connection during a neighbor change and taking about 4 minutes to re converge.

The stats for the rate limit config does not show that any of the packets drop figures were reached.

As the infrastructure is a hub and spoke the command ‘no ip split-horizon eigrp’ has been used and I’m not sure if this may be attributing to the problem.

Please find attached copy of the config and debug from the hub router rhsvinsqrtr, and also the problem spoke router rhshcarrrtr.

Please can some have a look, and help me out.

Your help is appreciated.

Regards,

Adrian.

6 REPLIES

Re: link flapping - eigrp - still happening

I'm curious why are you doing hub and spoke on an MPLS network which is an any to any network?

Sorry for the confusion, the ISP runs a MPLS network, they present the service as a hub and spoke configuration ... I know why ? generally down to the cost factor.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Adrian

Silver

I suspect that you are exceeding your contracted rate , your load interval on the FE is set to 5 minute average , change it to 30 sec , this will be more accurate

under the main interface

load-interval 30

the next time you are seeing eigrp flap look at the 30 sec input and 30 sec output to determine if you are crushing the link

Gold

Are you losing EIGRP neighbors? Do you have eigrp neighbor logging on? If so, what's the output? Are you losing neighbors because of SIAs, or hold timers expiring, or retransmission timeout exceeds, or (?)....

:-)

Russ.W

Hi Guys,

The service provider has found a duplex setting not set correctly in their cloud, hopefully the testing tomorrow morning (gmt) will rubber stamp the problem has now been resolved (I hope !).

I'll place an update tomorrow ...thanks for everyones help. Regards, Adrian.

The problem was being caused by the service provider, since they corrected the duplex problem the problem has not re-occurred.

All resolved.

Many thanks for everyone who helped me out.

Regards,

Adrian.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content