Views
Helpful
Replies

list ip-connections on isdn router

mbastian
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

How can i list the machines (ip-addresses) using or opening wan connections? I am running two cisco 1000 isdn routers.

My problem is that these two routers are connected and something is going on between both sites.

Thanks,

Marc

4 Replies 4

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can get the ip address which are directly connected to router itself. Like isdn line connection between two routers is a point to point connection so you can get only two ip address which are two ends on that isdn line. use command

show ip interface brief

Pl. explain more about what exactly you atre looking for,

I am looking for the machine(s) opening this isdn line and transmitting some data. The line is opened nearly 90% per day and that can't be because at this time no users are on the other side of the "line".

Thanks,

Marc

Why don't you try 'sh users' command?

It might be useful to you

There is no direct way to know what machines (ip address) are bringing the line up OR keeping the line up. You need to turn on

debug dialer

To see the what kind of traffic from which source to destination ip address is bringing the line up. Following url for more on that

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/12supdoc/debug_r/dclns.htm#9717