cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 1.2 logon screen not loading

jjiles
Level 1
Level 1

I just installed LMS 1.2 with cd one 5th edition, RME 3.4 and campus 3.2. for Solaris. After the installation finished, I managed to do some settings for the ani service, but while doing this my browser (internet explorer 6.0) hung up and since then, I have not been able to access the server from the browser again. I have stop/start dmgtd several times with no luck and also rebooted my server. From the browser when I try to get to the CW2000 server , the login page starts to load, but never makes to the logon screen; The java console and the browser itself hung and the only way to stop it is from the task manager. I looked in the Release notes for known problems with the logon screen, but no one seems to be what I’m experiencing. In one of my attempts after a reboot, the logon screen did show up, but after I entered the id/passwd, the browser hung up again setting me back to the original problem.

Thanks for any help.

4 Replies 4

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Make sure that you're using the correct Java Plug-in 1.3.1. Also if you're having problem with IE, try using Netscape instead and from the server it self to narrow down.

OK, over the weekend I installed Netscape 4.79 and Java RTE 1.3.1 on my Ciscoworks 2000 server as suggested. I still have the same problem, all I get when I try to connect to the http port (1741) is:

"Java applet started", but the login screen never loads.

As a desperate measure I uninstalled/re-installed the applications (CD One, RME and Campus Manager) but the same thing happened. After the installation, I was able to logon to the server using Internet Explorer, and perform some configuration to the ANI engine. I logoff/logon several times to make sure everything was ok. This morning I tried to logon, and the same situation is back. Something happens after a while that unable me from login onto the server. The only thing that I configured was to create a user, change the loginscreen to unix passwd file and modified the following ANI parameters:

Discovery setting (change the seed settings and discovery IP ranges)

Discovery schedule (3 times a day)

Performance setting (65 % cpu usage)

Snmp configuration (change write community)

User Host acquisition (minor, every 60 mins, mayor, twice a day, names by unix host)

Device synchronization (host:my server, port: 1741, user: admin, passwd: admin passwd

Also send devices to RME once a day)

Somewhere I read that maybe deleting the file JaasConfigModule and restart the daemon might solve a similar problem, but it didn't help, so I moved the file back to its original location.

As I explained before, when I try to logon from IE the logon windows never loads and the browser and the java console windows freeze up. When I use Netscape, I get the message "java applet started" and nothing else.

At this point, I don't know what else to try.

Thanks for your help.

Are you logging onto the server from a remote workstation? You may want to try doing that to isolate the problem - it may be a browser issue on the server, or something with the Java client on the server. Try accessing from a remote workstation and see if if you still do not get the login screen.

For the forum information:

The problem with the logon screen not loading is due to a Solaris bug ID

CSCdz11668, bug detail and workaround information is available in the URL.

You can view this at

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/home.pl

Things are working fine now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: