Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

LMS 2.1 is slow.....

We have installed a brand new LMS 2.1 on an IBM e-series 345 high end box with the 2GHz processor and 2GB of memory. I am running W2K server OS on it. The installation went without a hitch, however when I started configuring different apps from my IE 5.5 browser, the response time is very slow. Is there any tweaking I can do to the server to speed up the response time?

Thanks.

_ Alex

9 REPLIES
Blue

Re: LMS 2.1 is slow.....

Is the response time slow even if you access the CW2K server locally by launching the browser on the server itself? Or is it only slow if you access it from a client PC?. Are you using the correct java plug-in 1.3.1?

The strange thing is that when I launch the browser on the server, after it downloads the java plug-in 1.3.1, I get an error message " I/O Exception - abort Applet Installation". The full message is: "java.net.ConnectException.Connection refused: connect".

Thanks.

Blue

Make sure that you don't have multiple version os java plug-in installed. To be sure, remove all installed plug-ins and then login to CW2K to install the correct version again and then try to login.

The actuall error message is : "SSLInitializer class not found" and I've had mixed results with the version of Internet Explorer. I have gotten some IE version 5.5 SP2 and IE 6.0 to work, but very, very slow. The others are generating the above message. I have cleaned out all the JRE related stuff on the client and downloaded JRE 1.3.1 from java.sun.com, but to no avail.

Can you please help?

Thanks.

I had a similar problem after upgrading to 2.1 from 2.0. Any access was slow, except from the server itself but I got errors (it was running IE 5.0). The only thing I did was make sure the address(es) I was accessing the server from were resolvable by our DNS box. I know it sounds lame, but I have changed the IP address of my laptop from a resolvable address to something unknown and things got unusable.

Have a look at httpd.conf in CSCOpx\lib\www\conf and make sure HostnameLookups is set to OFF

Thanks for your suggestion. I have changed it to "off", however it did not seem to make a significant difference. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

_ Alex

Possibly a couple of things to try :

If DNS is not properly configured or you can't get BOTH forward and reverse lookups for the server resolved correctly, add an entry to the server's hosts file.

Secondly, check the version of MS Java on the client PC. Either type jview at a command prompt or enable the java console under the broswer advanced settings and do a View, Java console.

For IE5.5 sp2 min ver. is 5.0.0.3802 and IE6 it is 5.0.0.3805.

Sounds like you have a server that is up to the job but remember that RTM is not recommended to go on the same server anymore. (As the database is held in RAM ! )

Thanks a lot for yoyur response. Where do I get the 5.0.0.3805 version of the Java console for my IE6 from?

_ Alex

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content