cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Load balancing across multiple point-to-point T1 lines with Cisco 3600s

JUSTIN LOUCKS
Level 1
Level 1

I need to configure a pair of Cisco 3600 routers that will be used to connect multiple point-to-point T1s between two of my locations. They will be used to pass replication traffic between the sites. At this point, my thoughts are to put all interfaces from both routers in the same EIGRP group and hope that this will be enough to make them load balance the traffic crossing them.

Is there a better way to do this? I have never configured routers for this purpose before and would appreciate any assistance, TAC articles, etc. that you could provide me.

Thank you,

Justin Loucks

3 Replies 3

t.baranski
Level 4
Level 4

A better way (IMO) if the T1's terminate on the same router at a given site is to use Multilink PPP to effectively combine the T1's into 1 virtual pipe.

I like this idea. Can anyone suggest some good reading (Books, TAC articles, examples, etc.) on the Multilink PPP technology?

Try the following URL for info. If you search CCO, there are many more examples.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk713/tk507/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080093d69.shtml