cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

load balancing and redundancy

vraja
Level 1
Level 1

Site A has core configuration with two 6509s switches and two 7206 routers. Site B has a core 7206 router. Site C has a core 7206 router. Sites B & C connect via a 10MB network There are a total of 4 T1 circuits available at Site A. Two of them terminate at Site B two to Site C.

What is the best configuration to achieve load balancing?

Can all 4 T1s at Site A be connected to one core router and two terminates to Site B and two to Site C?

Can I use HSRP?

What routing protocol is best suited?

Can ODR be used?

I would appreciate some detailed info.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

ruwhite
Level 7
Level 7

Whew, detailed question. :-) If you're at networkers, run by the design clinic with this one.

Any routing protocol will be able to give you load sharing with this setup, since your links are equal cost. None of them are going to perform better in this department than any other. I wouldn't recommend ODR with this. You could use hsrp and split your groups so that half the hosts in one site use one link, while the other half use the other link. This would give you true reduncancy across the routers as well as some level of load sharing.

Other than this, I think you'll actually need to sit down with someone and work this one out--there are a lot of different ways to approach this problem in more specific terms.

Russ