Views
Helpful
Replies

Load balancing between two sites

connie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I have two remote sites in the same town. Both sites are linked back to our head office via two 192KB diginet lines. Both sites are also linked via a 192KB diginet line.

The problem is that the one site always uses 98% of its available bandwidth. The other site utilizes about 50 - 60% of its bandwidth, and the diginet line linking the two remote sites to each other is hardly ever used.

Is there a way that I can load balance between all these available lines to ensure propper utilization and spread of bandwidth?

Regards

4 Replies 4

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

What routers do you have on either sites. Are they capable of running CEF ? CEF is a Cisco proprietary switching technology. It helps in load balancing effectively. (CEF stands for Cisco Express Forwarding)

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Forgot to mention that :-)

Let's break the sites down as follows:

Site A = Head office has a 2500 router

Site B = Remote site 1 (98% utilization) has a 2620 router

Site C = Remote site 2 (50 - 60% utilization) has a 4000 router

As far as I know, none of them can do CEF...

A

/ \

/ \

/ \

/ \

/ \

B----------------C

jsyed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You need to be more specific, what routing protocol you are using ? it depends upon routing protocol which are currently in used.

need more information.

javed

We are currently using EIGRP...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: