Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

load balancing with static route

HO-A router--------->S0/0-----------------BR-A router

E E

t t

h h

e e

r r

Switch Switch

E E

t t

h h

e e

r r

HO-B router---------> s0/0-------------------GO-B router

i do have two links connected on two different 2600 sereies routers between my head office and branch office. each link connected to two different routers on both side. both side, two routers are connected to Cisco catalyst 4000 series switches. Static route is configured on all these. now i wish to enable load balancing among these links. Anybody know, what is the simplest way doing this..?

Regards

Mohammed

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: load balancing with static route

Hi

There are different ways to accomplish that.

You could make two HSRP Groups between the two 2600 Routers and give

half of the clients on the LAN the HSRP IP as Default Gateway which is on

HO-A Router aktiv. The other half of the client have the default gateway which ist on Router HO-B aktive.

An other way ist to connect a second ethernet (vlan or other ethernet) between the two 2600 Routers. Implement only one HSRP Group and balance the routing over the new created LAN and the WAN connection. So you have to play there with cost, delay....depends on the routing protocol in place.

This second solution is better if you can not handle it to get the clients different default gateways and it alows you to make an equal loadbalancing.

Hope that helps

Roger

Re: load balancing with static route

thanks roger,

i dont need HSRP on my network for time being. i am trying to enable GLBP over my network, just waitng to upgrade router.

all what i need is to configure gateway any one those routers in both site to all clients and some packets send to gateway wan interface and some send to other router ethernet interface connected in the same LAN., Both routers will have static routes through WAN.

i think it is possible. but i dont know the configuration stpes. do you any URL related to this issue..?

thanks

mohammed

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content