cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Load balancing

raza
Level 1
Level 1

I have scenrio of two links to remote single router.My links are terminaing on two separate routers .I am running internally ibgp and OSPF

With remote router I want to have static routes.

How can I achieve load balancing having two links on my separate routers?

Regards

Raza

3 Replies 3

cagri
Level 1
Level 1

Well, considering you would like to make load-balance, I suppose the topology is a triangle like one, I mean single router in one location (A) and two on the other (B).

Naturally there is no problem when load balancing from A to B (assuming you have equal costs) (you can achieve this with almost any protocol), however, B to A actually needs variance (unfortunately not available on OSPF). Here EIGRP can be considered. Otherwise, you may try to share the load with the help of static routes you had mentioned but this is not the best way to do it.

Hi

Thanks

But can i use ospf but redistributing static route into ospf...using network command...as ospf in inernally working within B end....

and using load balancing per pakcet on each interface at B end...

Raza

ruwhite
Level 7
Level 7

I'm not certain what the problem is? As long as there are two routes in the table, whether they came from a routing protocol or a static route (?)....

:-)

Russ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: