Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Load Balancing

I have a router with a Leased line and ISDN, both connected to one ISP. I want to load balance the traffic between LL and ISDN when the traffic in the LL is high. For that all the necessary configuration was done at my end router and at the ISP side equal metric static routes was also was added. Now the problem is that, when the ISDN goes down, the static route pointing to the next hope address will be still existing and hence half of the packet will get droped there. The configuration at the ISP end is done in a dialer interface. So how to solve this problem? Any sugestion.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Load Balancing

Typically, router should flush all the routes which are learned/reached thru the interface which is down/down..Let us have "sh ip route" with "sh run" when the isdn interface is down/down..

Now instead of pointing the static route to next hop for isdn line, point it to the isdn interface ifself..That way router will know that the interface is down so fulsh that static route accordingly from the routing tabel..Thx..Tejal

Views
Helpful
Replies