Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

loading a configuration file from network for a 3600 router

The NVRAM of the 3600 router is full and I want to save and load the configuration from a tftp server.

I have saved the configuration file to the server and configured the router with the service config and boot host tftp commands.

When I reload the router, after loading the IOS and when the IOS information appears at the console( version, interfaces detected,..), the output stops for 2 minutes, and after that time 3 error messages appear, ( %Error opening tftp://255.255.255.255/network-confg (Timed out),).

At that time, all the interfaces were in down state, and after these messages, the process goes on and then the interfaces finally go to up state, at the next intent the configuration file is recovered from the tftp server.

Question: Is there any way to avoid that the system tries to get the configuration file before interfaces go up and shorten the process 2 minutes ?

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: loading a configuration file from network for a 3600 router

you can use the no service config command , this will stop the box from looking for a config on the network .

If you have a PCMCIA card in the slot0: of the box you can load the config from there .

Views
Helpful
Replies