Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

loggin on 6500 IOS

I'd like my 6500 IOS boxes to log more than it does today.

I'd like to see in the log (buffered or syslog) all commands and responses that somebody does on the console. I'm going to have to let the Cisco TAC dial in to one of my 6500's and Im feeling that I'm losing control :)

I'd like to see what the TAC-engineer is doing to my equipment.

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES

Re: loggin on 6500 IOS

Enable Tacacs+ and use accounting.

Hope it helps

Steve

Cisco TAC has a new tool called CISCO LIVE which lets you "share" a telnet session between and the TAC engineer and so you can see all the commands and outputs he/she is doing. I would suggest that you mention to the TAC engineer. The tool only needs you to be able to connect to the cisco website and also be able to telnet your you switch at the same time. The TAC engineer would be able to guide you better.

Now having said the above, I would like to point out that CISCO TAC engineers are very responsible and would not do anything besides the relevant commands to solve your issue.

bufferred/syslog can't get the AAA information. so your option is to use the TACACS+ as pointed out early.

What is the requirements for Cisco Live?

As I understand it, it's a service that use Internet?

Does it work over proxy, because that's the only way out..for me.

How secure is it?

Is it a first-line support tool or does the DE's use it too?

(That's where my case is now)

I'd be glad if someone could provide some more information regarding this service.

Or do you have any other suggestions how to get full logging of what the Cisco staff is doing to my devices over a modem-console connection? :)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content