Views
Helpful
Replies

logging level critical to avoid ISDN calls being logged

crhodes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have IOS routers (12.1(16) that make and receive hundreds of ISDN calls per day. The routers also have a number of serial interfaces. These routers are logging events to a syslog server.

We do not want to fill our syslog server with logs associated with ISDN calls (Dialer interface changed to up, etc.).

However, to stop Dialer interface state changes from being logged, we need to set the logging trap level to critical. By doing this, we miss being notified of significant events such as config changes or other interface state changes.

Is there a way we can configure the router to demote the severity level of Dialer interface state changes so we can set the logging trap level to warnings or notifications and not be bombarded with Dialer interface state changes?

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Regards,

Chris

2 Replies 2

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

I don't know of a way to reset the severity, but if you consider Dialer interface state changes to be totally uninteresting, you may set "no logging event link-status" on the Dialer interface to prevent it from being logged at all. You continue to get any AAA accounting data you may be recording, and debugs still work.

Hi,

I have the same question and already tried to put "no logging event link-status" on both the physical (PRI D-channel) and the dialer interface, but I still get

%DIALER-6-BIND

%LINK-3-UPDOWN

%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN

%ISDN-6-CONNECT

and at disconnect:

%ISDN-6-DISCONNECT

%LINK-3-UPDOWN

%DIALER-6-UNBIND

for each call... any suggestions to lower the amount of logs is welcome.

tia

Herbert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco