Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Loosing Route to Remote Client

I have more details in relation to a prior problem I posted that nobody responded to (below). Hopefully these new details will help to diagnose my problem.

The 2509-RJ Access Server is dropping the route to the Remote Client exactly 2 minutes after the Windows Dial-Up Networking client connects and the route to it is added. Once again if someone could help me discover what is causing this I would appreciate it.

---Original Message---

Can't maintain TCP/IP communications with Windows Dial-Up Networking client

I am setting up a Cisco 2509-RJ to provide Dial-In access for Remote Windows Dial-Up Networking Clients. So far the client can connect, authenticate retrieve a DHCP IP address, DNS, and WINS settings, and even utilize TCP/IP network resources for almost exactly 2 minutes. However once those two minutes are up all TCP/IP communications fail. The modem remains connected and the client still registers sending and recieving bytes with the Access Server until I force it to disconnect.

I haven't discovered any timeout settings on my client or server that are set at 2 minutes. If anyone has an idea as to what might be causing this I would appreciate some guidance.

---End of Original Message---

Community Member

Re: Loosing Route to Remote Client

One of two things: you have a genuine bug for the TAC to help out with or there is something in your config that maybe somebody could recognize. Can you cut and paste your running config?

CreatePlease to create content