Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Losing IP address

Hello,

I know this doesn't fall under the pervue of cisco support but I have a problem that needs addressed. My company sells printers/copiers. A business we sols a ARM-280 to recently switched their network to a T1 with cisco router. I do not have the info yet on the model number of the router but will get it soon.

The problem is this. Since they switched to the T1 the copier does not retain the IP address or protocol settings. Worse yet, I tried another NIC card and after a week the same thing started happening except it still retained the ip address. They could not ping it tho. My experience on routers is limited and they are operating on a WAN thru Windows 2000 Terminal Server.

On the router they state the range they gave to the copier is an address set aside for static addresses. I don't know if some how the router or another device is disabling the ip address on the copier.

Well, thats it, I think I said everything. I don't know what it could be but any help is appreciated. I do not know what could be configured on the router, and Sharps Tech support said they've never heard of a problem such as it and I spoke to 3 guys. Again, any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

1 REPLY

Re: Losing IP address

That's a nasty problem. Difficult to say what causes it. The easiest way to solve this will be to configure fixed settings for the printer. This will not be a problem as printers are very often static devices. There are no real benefits in using DHCP when the printer is not moved around the company all the time.

I'm sorry that I cannot solve your problem, still hope this helps.

Regards,

Leo

Views
Helpful
Replies