Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Loss of Routing Info? Anyone seen this before ?

I have a 2600 with single ethernet and serial port connecting to a remote Bay router - we seem to lose remote connectivity on occasion.

If I look at the show running on the 2600 I can see multiple routes - most of which are statically defined .

During fault conditions we seem to lose static routing to the remote site - sh running indicates static routes present but sh ip route does not. After telnetting to the router and looking around config etc sh ip route seems to "repopulate"

on its own !!

Config of the router is not complex - running rip protocol on serial side with eth as passive - I would not though think any routing protocol would affect static routes.

Any Ideas?

2 REPLIES

Re: Loss of Routing Info? Anyone seen this before ?

Hi Roger,

If memory serves me correct I have seen this before and if I understand your scenario correctly then what you are describing is normal. If you have static routes pointing to the next hop router and the circuit goes down between the two of them, the router will remove those routes.

I had it set up once where there where two T1s coming into a 2621. I put in two static routes, one with a higher administrative distance. All traffic would go via the lower router out the primary T1. When that T1 went down, the router would remove that route, and then traffic would go via the higher router and secondary T1.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Vaughn

Re: Loss of Routing Info? Anyone seen this before ?

I think this was midweek brain disease! - have sorted the problem

Thanks for response.

R

Views
Helpful
Replies