Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Lost enable password on tinyrom

I got this problem: on my 804 router, I deleted my IOS on the flash card, so when I boot, I get in the tinyrom boot> prompt. From there, I can't go in privilege mode because I lost my password.

So my question is: Is there a way to recover the password of the enable mode in boot> mode ?

This mode is the mode you end up in if you send BREAK while booting, letting you bypasse the configuration password, but since it is password protected.. how can I bypass this?

thanks

2 REPLIES

Re: Lost enable password on tinyrom

This will help with the password:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/474/pswdrec_800.html

You will need to Xmodem a new IOS into your router. See this:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/130/xmodem_generic.html

Re: Lost enable password on tinyrom

Thanks for the answer., but like I said in my post, when I get to the tinyrom image, I get to the prompt boot> (that is not privileged mode).

When I try to do a set command, or anything like undelete, It says I don't have the permissions. the only thing I can do is enable, which need a password.

Since it is in the bios of the router, I can't password recovery.

here's some output:

TinyROM version 1.0(2)

Mon Nov 02 17:14:21 1998

Copyright (c) 1998 by cisco Systems, Inc.

All rights reserved.

POST ......... OK. 4MB DRAM, 8MB Flash.

auto-boot: failed, "no such file"

boot> boot

boot: failed, "permission denied"

boot> set ios-conf = 0x43

ios-conf: failed, "permission denied"

boot> enable

password:

enable: failed, "permission denied"

boot>

Views