cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lost FastEthernet interfaces

swingtc
Level 1
Level 1

For some reason I no longer have fastethernet interfaces to configure. I thought it was the IOS at first, but after reloading the IOS 3 different times, I think something else is broken.

if I log in via console and type

en

conf t

int ?

there isnt a fastethernet interface listed.

The interfaces dont show up anywhere. boot, sh run, sh start, sh conf. nada.

Is there some way that you can disable/re-enable an interface to the point where its not even listed?

I can provide logs if anyone wants to take a crack at it. Its a 2651XM with no modules, 2 FE's hard in the back, 1 con, 1 aux, and either 12.2T or 12.2.10 IOS installed (you choose, Im getting good at reinstalling IOS's)

1 Reply 1

Harold Ritter
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

12.2(10) will not work. According to the Software Advisor available on CCO, you need a minimum od 12.2(8)T1 to support the 2651XM. I would recommend you go with 12.3(5), which is the latest 12.3 mainline available on CCO.

Software Advisor:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/front.x/Support/HWSWmatrix/hwswmatrix.cgi

BTW: even though the current level of code doesn't see the FE Interfaces, you can go to the rommon prompt and run a TFTP copy from there using the tftpdnld command. This should speed up the upgrade. It is much better than the xmodem if you see what I mean.

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: