Views
Helpful
Replies

Lots of dropped & errors packets when using sh int fa0/0

yong510
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

any idea why there are a lot of dropped & errors paccket when i type sh int fa0/0 in my cisco 2500 router? Is it due to the Interface card is haveing problem? The router is connected to a firewall using a cross cable and nothing is being connected in between.

Thank.

3 Replies 3

jmia
Level 7
Level 7

Hi -

Check the FastEthernet Card speed, is it running Full 100/Half and the speed on the card of the Firewall, basically makesure both side are running on same speed, a mis-match can create what you are seeing and also check cable too.

Thanks - Jay.

I agree with Jay.

But I always thought 2500 series provided only 10 Mbps Ethernet, not Fast Ethernet ports.

So the speed should be 10 Mbps and half-duplex, probably.

Regards,

Milan

cminch
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, the 2500's is only 10Mb/half. If the settings are the same and it i just the drops that are in creasing without high amounts of Runts, CRC, Alignment errors, then I would take a look at the what is going over your interface. This is probably a Queueing Buffer being over flowed in which you can adjust your buffers and maybe fix the problem. Or perhaps thinking about upgrading you 10MB to 100MB somehow.

Regards,

Corey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: