cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

lots of VIRTUAL-ACCESS interfaces from a single VIRTUAL-TEMPLATE

sisal
Level 1
Level 1

I regularly use virtual templates to build ppp multilink connections on point-to-point leased lines. Sometimes I get 1 or 2 "extra" virtual-access intrerfaces that stay down without any harm and that disappear after a while. I imagine this happens after some problem on the connection. This morning I've noticed 5 extra virtual-access interfaces on a newly activated connection. I'm NOT interested in WHY this happened (noticed several serial Interf. resets...), but I whoud like to kwnow HOW TO REMOVE theese interfaces OR HOW TO PREVENT THEM TO APPEAR.

I've checked the config options of the virtual-template, the clear command etc. whithout any success.

With the command "show vtemplate" I get the following output:

Virtual-Template1, pre-cloning is off

Active vaccess number: 1

Generic free vaccess number: 5

Is there any way to configure the template to avoid this behaviour or at least a way to get rid of "extra" interfaces?

1 Reply 1

dbellazetin
Level 4
Level 4

Virtual access interfaces stay in memory after they have been created, used, and brought down because they can be re-used. This is by design and a feature. If you reload your box they will disappear, otherwise they will reside in memory awaiting to be used again.

Daniel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: