cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lotus Notes and Network access slow

welcommen
Level 1
Level 1

I'm new to this environment and when I arrived I notices that all switches are trunk to one 6509 core switch, which is fine. The 6513 switch is the server farm switch and also the aggregation switch. the issue is sometimes sme users Lotus Notes and Network access is really slow, uer need spend to 5 min to log in Lotus Notes. this problem is not always happen. lots of times whne i arrive users office, everytinh is fine. i check my network, i found the root of spanning tree is not 6509 core switch. is this the reason for network slow ?

please help me

thanks

3 Replies 3

b.hsu
Level 5
Level 5

check out the following troubleshooting technotes :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/prod_tech_notes_list.html

hope this helps.

i cannt find anyting will help me solve my problem, can you give me a detail information?

You will need to ensure that spanning-tree is not

re-converging. You can do this by monitoring the logging on your switches and or syslogging. You could make the 6509 root bridge by giving it a

lower bridge value.

Spanning tree should converge and be stable, if it isn't then you need to make sure links are not coming up and down and that there are not deeper problems like loops etc. Make sure all your server links are switchport mode access and bpduguard. Things like that.

Check the links to the notes server for errors, ensure that they are the correct speed and duplex.

Use tools like ping to check round trip times to your notes server from the switch, then from an end

user.

Use a traffic sniffer like ethereal to ensure that the tcp conversations on port 1352 are timely)

A badly written view can cause big delays for your notes users.