cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lucent MAX 3000's and Cisco 803 PPP Multilink issues

dighe-r
Level 1
Level 1

I have a bit of a problem that I need to really sort out. I have completed upgrading two Lucent MAX 3000's, added the stacking commands, and stacked them into one system. I then had the carrier set up the 3 ISDN30's to cyclical dialling. I have one small problem. The remote Cisco 803's dialling up to the MAX's seem to be dropping B channels. The 803's are doing PPP Multilink. What happens is that every 5 minutes or so, the Cisco's drop one B channel and then the next. The Cisco then needs to place another call immediately after. My question is, what could be causing the Cisco's to drop their calls? Are there any compatibility issues with the MAXen stack? BTW, before stacking was enabled, the PPP Multilink calls from the Cisco's worked fine. If need be I will elaborate the technical bits and pieces when necessary.

Thanks, Rav

1 Reply 1

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are the Cisco units perhaps set to do "Bandwidth on Demand"?

If this was the case, they would drop a channel if the overall circuit utilization dropped below the configured threshold.

Is there an idle threshold configured which could be causing the 803's to drop the calls?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: