cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mac and Cat 2924XL/2912 Switches

e.hulu
Level 1
Level 1

use Switch Catalyst 2924 Xl as Switch Commander and Cat 2912 as member switch. Some of my iMac and G3 are hookup to the Cat 2924Xl and work very well, I can see the my IPShare Server and the other computer on the network but when I move some imac (Flower Power, iMac 333Mhz) to Cat 2912 (switch member) and I can not see anything in the chooser (just blank) but the Green Led (light) on port cat 2912 is green blinking it mean the link is working fine, my question, what I should do ? or there is something I have to setup ? I did enable SPanning Tree and fast port enable in both of the switch. What is the ISL ?

Please ....

Your comment

erfrahim - CISCO SYSTEMS, CCIE

Sep 4, 2002, 8:05pm PST

If all the ports is in the same vlan on both switches and there is no trunking between the link then everything should be same.

DO you only have problem with appletalk or ip is also not working.

My Question ....and Description

I don’t thin so, because I did reinstall the system OS 9.2.2 and than Run Clean installation with OS X and not work.

But if I replace with another computer (same type of computer, same OS, and everything same) and it work and show up the server at chooser.

For your information, My appletalk connect to Ethernet 100BT Half Duplex, TCP/IP using DHCP Server. If you say IP problem (not work) that not a reason appletalk not show up the IPShare Server and others computer on the network.

Please...

1 Reply 1

hampton
Level 1
Level 1

have you enabled port-fast or disabled spanning tree on the problem switch? If the mac can't detect appletalk addresses when it boots (because the switch has segmented off the port to check for spanning tree) you can get appletalk problems. Machines will boot up with the same appletalk numbers and it'll act _very_ iffy. The would espeically be true if you are seeding the appletalk zone and if IP works fine.

-whoops, I re-read your meesage and you have enabled port-fast, sorry.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: