cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mainframe where are you? Havign a problem runnig a mainframe

sjg770
Level 1
Level 1

I have a router no lan connected to it no fast e ports used. I used one serial for the frame connection to a hub. It works fine. The client wanted to test his mainfram from the hub tgo the spoke, he opens a terminal session. The other serial port is configured with a ip address that he gave me no protocols and no WAN. The terminal window would not open. Is there something that I missed putting in the config or on the interface that will make the mainframe work

1 Reply 1

timstewart
Level 1
Level 1

Please describe the topology in a little more detail. I also need to know which protocol the customer is using to access the mainframe (SNA, IP, etc.) If they are using IP (tn3270?) then are they able to ping the mainframe (osa adapter?) ip address? If they are using SNA, then you will need to configure bridging on the router (transparent, source routing, etc.) and DLSW on the frame relay connection.

Tim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: