Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Major project , need help

Hi all, I have just been assigned a project for one of my head offices. The connection to there now is on a lan extension from here, so they are all on the same ip range, and also use dhcp from the office here. The plan is to put all 3 floors on seperate vlans with a router in the middle and a dhcp server giving out ips on that site to each vlan. Due to the number of machines we will have to do one floor at a time, Can anyone help on this, I want to be able to implement this so that I can do one floor and still have the other ones working, So say floor 1 can be done, then 2 and 3 will be still using the lan extension and head office dhcp servers until I am ready to do them floors too. I would be greatful for any input !!

thanks

Carlos

3 REPLIES

Re: Major project , need help

the router can be a dhcp server for the timebeing, until you finalize you design. you can have seperate dhcp pools per subnet (vlan).

How would I get this router to only give that particular vlan ip's and not anywhere else then ?

thanks

Can anyone help me on this, thanks all

Carl

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content