cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Management Software for Catalyst Configuration for Conference Events

baskervi
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to find a system that can control up/down state of Catalyst 4000 ports and even shut down routing interfaces on that device. This Catalyst will be installed in a conference center, and the various rooms can be reserved well in advance of the event. Whoever reserves the room may want various ports turned up with or without Internet access, plus other features will more likely be added in the future. Thus, it needs to be flexible.

The building manager (non-technical) will be responsible for making sure the ports are properly configured. Is there a web-based utility that allows you to schedule multiple events, maybe a month or two in advanced, that will allow you to make Catalyst changes automatically when the event time arrives?

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

vmiller
Level 7
Level 7

I doubt it. The 4000 only uses a cli when directly connected. Anything web based would require CiscoView.

As far as scheduling ahead, All I can think of is a resonably sophisticated cron application under unix...

wimoody
Level 1
Level 1

what is the syntax to configure a class-map that will match traffic to a particular url (eg http:/www.abc.com)?