cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Managing 2950 cluster in a mixed vendor network

twithers
Level 1
Level 1

Hi - I would like to add a cluster of 2950s to a network of Baystack hubs and 450T switches. I can add the IP information to the command switch and set up the cluster using CMS. However, when I connect this clust to my main network (to Bay 450T) I am unable to access the command switch through IP. I can't even 'ping' the switch. The cluster appears to work fine as I can connect a PC to any port and connect to any other device on the main network - it just seems as though the internal IP has shut down on the 2950. Can you help?

2 Replies 2

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is your 2950's management IP in the same VLAN as the main network? If so, do a sh int and see if the VLAN interfaces is up/up and if it's the correct VLAN

There are no vlans specifically defined in the Bay equipment, other than what may be there by default. I have the problem even when my PC is plugged directly into the 2950 - I can't 'ping' the 2950 even though PC and 2950 have consecutive IP addresses. I'll check the vlan interface again on the 2950, though I'm pretty sure I checked this before and it's up.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: