cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Managing 2950 cluster in a mixed vendor network

twithers
Level 1
Level 1

Hi - I would like to add a cluster of 2950s to a network of Baystack hubs and 450T switches. I can add the IP information to the command switch and set up the cluster using CMS. However, when I connect this clust to my main network (to Bay 450T) I am unable to access the command switch through IP. I can't even 'ping' the switch. The cluster appears to work fine as I can connect a PC to any port and connect to any other device on the main network - it just seems as though the internal IP has shut down on the 2950. Can you help?

2 Replies 2

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is your 2950's management IP in the same VLAN as the main network? If so, do a sh int and see if the VLAN interfaces is up/up and if it's the correct VLAN

There are no vlans specifically defined in the Bay equipment, other than what may be there by default. I have the problem even when my PC is plugged directly into the 2950 - I can't 'ping' the 2950 even though PC and 2950 have consecutive IP addresses. I'll check the vlan interface again on the 2950, though I'm pretty sure I checked this before and it's up.