Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Managing Cisco's 2948G switch.

my task is to manage cisco's 2948G switch using our Network Management System.I have decided to use "CISCO-STACK-MIB" for this purpose.Is my assumption correct?Switch has 48 10/100Mbps ports and 2 modular GigaEthernet ports with GBIC.But it does not tell anything about number of chassis,modules.There are specific cisco mibs for some switches.But i could not find one for this switch.Can i use CISCO-STACK-MIB and if yes what will be the number of modules,slots.Kindly analyse and reply me.Moreover which switch can be used so that i can achieve both Gigabit Ethernet speed and VLAN provisioning?

2 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Re: Managing Cisco's 2948G switch.

Hello,

your 2948G can do both VLANs and Gigabit Ethernet. The CISCO-STACK-MIB is the right one, check this document, it has the relevant OIDs:

How To Collect Chassis Information (including the Chassis Serial Number) For Routers And Catalyst Switches Using SNMP

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094a9a.shtml#chassis-info

Regards,

Georg

Re: Managing Cisco's 2948G switch.

Dear georg

Thanks for your reply.I just need the following hierarchy info of Cisco 2948g switch.Please tell me the number of components in each

Chassis

|-->Slot

|-->Module

|-->Port

As per my knowledge,it has 48 ports of "fixed configuration" and two ports with GBIC interface.how are they arranged ?if it is fixed configuartion ,then there is no modules,slots??

When i populate the data in CISCO-STACK-MIB,

1)Should the value of "portModuleIndex" in the MIB be "1" for all 50 ports??

2)Should the value of "portIndex" be 1,2,3...50 for the ports?

3)What should be the value of "moduleIndex"?

Kindly load the CISCO-STACK-MIB available at ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/supportlists/wsc2948g/wsc2948g-supportlist.html

analyse and help me.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content