Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Managing Cisco switch 2948G using AdventNet WebNMS.

my task is to manage cisco's 2948G switch using our Network Management System.I have decided to use "CISCO-STACK-MIB" for this purpose.Is my assumption correct?Switch has 48 10/100Mbps ports and 2 modular GigaEthernet ports with GBIC.But it does not tell anything about number of chassis,modules.There are specific cisco mibs for some switches.But i could not find one for this switch.Can i use CISCO-STACK-MIB and if yes what will be the number of modules,slots.Kindly analyse and reply me.Moreover which switch can be used so that i can achieve both Gigabit Ethernet speed and VLAN provisioning?

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Managing Cisco switch 2948G using AdventNet WebNMS.

Yeah you can use CISCO-STACK-MIB. As per the document given below the CISCO-STACK-MIB is supported on all Catalyst 2900 switches.

Workgroup MIB Reference

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps606/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008007f1a3.html

To know more on the modules of Catalyst 2900 series Switches refer to the Product Documentation.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.