Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Managing Out-Bound Internet Traffic Using BGP

We have a Cisco 7507, with IOS version 12.2(8)T5, running BGP with (2) DS3's and (1) OC3 port going to AT&T for our Internet. I have been able to manage the inbound traffic OK, but my out-bound traffic is equal between all (3) circuits. I am looking for a solution using BGP to be able to manage the out-bound as well. The DS3's out-bound traffic is maxed out on most days and I am not utilizing my bandwidth for the OC3 correctly.

Thanks,

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Managing Out-Bound Internet Traffic Using BGP

The out-bound or inbound traffic can be shared among multiple paths to a single remote AS as well as more than 2 remote AS. That is, Load sharing can be done in this case even though, BGP doesn't support Load balancing. A very good document with examples on this is given, the url of which is :

Sample Configurations for Load Sharing with BGP in Single and Multihomed Environments

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/tech/tk648/tk365/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800945bf.shtml

Using a similar configuration given in this, you can configure such that, the outbound internet traffic is shared among all the 3 paths you have.

Hope this helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content