Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Marking on ethernet ports - 3550 routing image

I'm dogin some test for marking traffic coming from uplinks to other switch on ethernet ports.

The policy is applied to match specific traffics and is attached on input ethernet ports where the uplink from the other switch are connected.

The problem is that when I do a "show policy int fa0/x" where x is a port that the policy is attached, no counter gets incremented, not even for the default_class.

The release installed on the switch is 12.1(11)EA1a. The switch used is a 24 ethernet port and 2 gig ports.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Marking on ethernet ports - 3550 routing image

Is fas0/x a switchport or a layer 3 port. Also, is QoS globally enabled and can you post the interface configruation.

the port is a switchport. It is a Layer 2 uplink to another non l3 switch (2950 standard not extended or 2924).

Qos is globally enabled

OK.... I guess I just need clarification.

If I attach a policy to an etherneet or gig port, and do a show policy int "interface", no counters are incremented.

If I do a show access-list and look at the hits of the policy that is applied to the interfaces, no hits.

But if I do a "show mls qos int stat", I now get statistics that packets were marked or alterred.

My problem is that I can see traffic being marked, but I just don't see which one !!!! At least if the access-list showed something, I'd know I'm getting something matched and to what is matched.

The stats at least tells me it works, and the only way I think I can confirm exactly what is marked with which value is to put a sniffer and take a look.

Can someone confirm to me if there is any other way to verify which traffic gets marked ? I'm not even trying to control based on the marking. Just want to confirm or infirm that marking works.

Thanks in advance for any help

Views
Helpful
Replies