Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

New Member

maximum reserved bandwidth with CBWFQ

After I apply Serive policy to main interface, I get 75% of the interface bandwidth as available to CBWFQ by default. Remaining 25% is used for what? Only interface keep alive and routing traffic alone? If I use 75% of the reseved bandwidth for the selected traffic, during congestion the traffic which does not match the predefined classes are going to be dropped or uses 25% of the unreserved bandwidth by CBWFQ?

Is there any recomamndations to change the maxreserved bandwidth from default to any other value if I use only statis routes?

Thanks,

Subba Rao

2 REPLIES

Re: maximum reserved bandwidth with CBWFQ

Hi,

There is not real reason why you can not push the RB up to 100% just bare in mind it will strangle control traffic etc.

The 25% is used to control traffic such as keepalive, Routing updates etc and YES best effort traffic, such as class-default.

So if you have to or need the 100% then go for it, however i would set a max of 90% just to be on the safe side ( for fragments etc)

Adios

New Member

Re: maximum reserved bandwidth with CBWFQ

Adios,

Thank you. But in case of FIFO Queuing, all interafce bandwidth is available for user data, isnt it? In that case during congestion time we also loose keepalives and routing updates?

Thanks,

Subba Rao

97
Views
0
Helpful
2
Replies