cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Memory loss

middee
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 cisco routers (3600 & 2500 series)

When i boot the routers, no probs. When i change the ip adress(of the ethernet interface) and put in some static ip routes and then 'reload', it simply forgets the ip adress and i have to start all over again.

I tried the 'write memory' command and 'save startup-config running config'. What could be the problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

deilert
Level 6
Level 6

it sounds like your config register is set to 0x2142 , this setting ignores nvram , change it to 0x2102 and you should be good

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

deilert
Level 6
Level 6

it sounds like your config register is set to 0x2142 , this setting ignores nvram , change it to 0x2102 and you should be good

bhatok
Level 1
Level 1

You have tried 'save startup-config running config'. You need to save the running config to the startup config. Do a copy run start rather than a copy start run.

Well, i tried to put it to 0x2102, i thought this was the solution but it isnt. I set it, then reloaded. I putted in a ip adress and host name. Then a copy run AND copy start, also a write mem command, then it reloaded and it lost the memory, bye ip adress, bye host name.

Any other solutions?

i fixed it!

in the rommon i changed it with a other command (o/r 0x2102 and now it works!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: