Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Memory Utilization

Most of the time i monitor my network switch.

( A cisco WS-C2924-XL, IOS (tm) C2900XL Software (C2900XL-H-M), Version 11.2(8)SA3, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1), 24 Ethernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)

32K bytes of flash-simulated non-volatile configuration memory.

I notice that the memory utilization are consistently reached to a more than 90%, but not reaching to 100%

This switch is in use by 22 work station plus I cascade a 1 unit of 12 ports hub, I try to remove the Hub and leave the only the work station, However I get the same result.

Is there anyone can explain or lead me to a site so i can get better understanding on this?, I want to know what should be the switch threshold in terms of Utilization (CPU and Memory)

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Memory Utilization

Hi.

A very simple method to troubleshoot your problem is to see 5 minutes input and output rate under the command sh interface fathethernet 0/1 to 0/24.

the interface which is showing very high traffic ,you can check what is connected to that and find out the cause of problem.

dinesh

Thanks Dinesh this is a very good reply, but if you follow the approach of checking the 5 minutes input and output rate of the switch interface FA0-24,

The "backbone/Cascade of the switch you are monitoring" will most likely be be your candidate for a high traffic...

Views
Helpful
Replies