Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Message "ERROR: could not add peer" when setting max-dn for SRST

I have a 3660 router that I am attempting to configure SRST on. When I go under the call-manager-fallback section and issue the "max-dn 160" command, I get 131 messages back saying "ERROR: could not add peer". Any ideas what might be causing that?

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Message "ERROR: could not add peer" when setting max-dn for

How many dial peers do you have? It could be due to memory limitations. Do you see the following message in the log?

DIALPEER_DB-3-ADDPEER_MEM_THRESHOLD: Addition of dial-peers limited by available memory

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122sup/122sems/semsvol1/emfdbus.htm#xtocid7

Yes, I do see that message. The router has 64MB of memory. Is there a document that describes how much memory is needed for a particular number of dial peers?

Cisco Employee

The router won't allow you to add more dial-peers (and therefore consume more memory) if more than 75% of available processor memory is used up (you can get the amount of processor memory via the 'show mem sum' command).As a workaround, try lowering the IO memory resulting in more Processor memory.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content