cancel
Community Member

MGX-8850 Vism AAL2 trunking configs

Does anyone have some good config examples for the above.Kevin

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: MGX-8850 Vism AAL2 trunking configs

Hi Kevin,

The section on configuring the VISM using CLI provides good information on configuration for AAL2 as well.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wanbu/mgx8850/vism21/vm210ch6.htm

Shajith

Community Member

Hi Shajith !!

Thanks for the document. It is probably the most comprehensive i have seen on the Vism. I have set up some Vism connections in our lab, which work, but i just need to understand some issues a little better and maybe you can help me. Our customer is a GSM service provider, and currently we are using CESMS to transport the Voice traffic on multiple E1's. In the near future we will be using Visms, so that we can impliment Voip and get the added benefit of compression to save bandwidth. But initially we will deploy Visms using AAL2 trunking.

Now where i get a little confused is with the ADDENDPTS and ADDCID commands. Initially i configure the basics like the vismmode, codec template, addln, cnfln, cnflnsig, etc. You then have to create end points, then add a PVC for bearers and then addccs and add another PVC for signalling. The last step is to add the CIDS. Here is where i need to confirm something. Say for instance the Vism is in slot 1 and i am using the first vism port or line, i need to create 31 endpoints. I then addccs and use tmeslot or ds0 number 16 for CCS. Now to transport all 31 bearers using a single PVC, do i need to create 31 Cids, or does 1 CID transport all the DS0's.

A second question, when i do the same on the second Vism port or line, do the endpoints start at 33 or do we start at 1 again, withh CCS using ds0 16 0r 48.

Hope you can clarify this for me.

Kevin

Cisco Employee

Kevin,

The addendpt command lets you assign an endpoint to a specific DS0 on a specific line as such the endpoint can start at 1 for each new line.

Coming to the CID, CID allows multiple calls to be transported across a single AAl2 PVC . Each call on a line comes in on a specific DS0 and we have mapped the DS0's to the endpoints . So you need to have a CID for each end point on a line. The CID has to match on the remote end . Putting this in a little mathematical notation,

endpoint = (pvc, cid)

Meaning the endpoint is referenced with the PVC and CID. In your case only one PVC so you need 31 CIDs; one for each endpoint.

Hope this helps

Shajith

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content