cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating 3524 Cluster stack to 4006

eap
Level 1
Level 1

Currently we have a 3524 Cluster stack of five in each of our closets connected to a 6509 which is the core of our network. We want to migrate these stacks to one 4006 in each closet. Can anyone give me a good starting place for how to configure this? We have tried to implement twice crashing our entire network so we are starting from scratch. Evidentally it has something to do with the VTP settings. Right now all our stacks are configured as VTP servers with null domains and working fine. When we tried this with the 4006 but gave the domain a different name it seemed to work fine. That night the entire network went down. Why? We have no idea. The buffers must have overflowed eventually too, because the 4000 started rebooting on its own. If any of you have thoughts about this we would appreciate some fresh ideas.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

milan.kulik
Level 10
Level 10

I don't think any VTP configuration would crash a 4006. I've got 4006s running in my network with different VTP domains configured with no problem.

Have you looked to your syslog to see if anything strange had happened in your network before the 4006s crashed?

What CatOs (or IOS) version are you running on your 4006s and 3524s?

How many VLANs are in your network?

Regards,

Milan

Thanks for your reply. We haven't looked at the syslog yet but will take a look. The 3524s are running IOS 12.0(5.1)XP and the 4006s are running 12.1(8a)EW1. We have 19 VLANS in our network. Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Paula