cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating CW2K From One System To Another.

ajconnor
Level 1
Level 1

I need to move my CW2K server function from an older system to a newer faster system. Both systems have Windows 2000 Server. Is there a document that explains how to do this?

7 Replies 7

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

If the versions of both the CW2K apps are the same then you can use the Backup feature of CW2K to do the backup and then restore the backup to the other server using the CLI script restorebackup.pl. See the on-line help within the CW2K Help for the details.

The thing I suggest is to make a copy of your configuration file by doing the following (I don't know the exact order)

Resource manager esentials

administration

inventory

export file

you now have an complete file with switches, snmp settings etc.

later on you can import this configuration

True, but doing export to file only exports the device credentials. It does not export the old archived, config, syslog etc. Doing a db backup, backsup the whole db including all the old archived configs etc.

I don't know if this has been fixed in in the latest version, but in the 4th Edition of CiscoWorks, you had to make sure that you installed CiscoWorks in the same directory (i.e. c:\cscopx in both) in order to restore the backup.

You're referring to CSCds74983.

Has this been fixed in LMS 2.1? I am, in fact, going to install CiscoWorks on a different drive. I started with it installed on the D drive. This new system has only a single drive, C. I did not find a mention of this bug in the release notes for LMS 2.0 or 2.1. The bug report on the web does not indicate that it has been fixed.

No, it's not fixed yet.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: